Early Childhood Education Services prides itself on its caring, qualified, and experienced staff. Our staff consists of nurturing individuals who have a passion for Early Childhood Education and serving young children and families. We work hard to ensure every child is comfortable, engaged, and learning to the best of their abilities.
Meet the Campus View Staff
Linda Fields, Director
- M.S. in early childhood education from Indiana University
- 20+ years of early childhood experience
- Director of CVCCC since 2000
- Other interests: cooking, knitting, reading, taking long walks
"I enjoy working with and serving the needs of children and their families. One of the most wonderful things about working with infants and toddlers is observing their development as well as their drive to make sense of the world that surrounds them. I feel very fortunate to be part of a program that nurtures and supports children and their families through relationship-based care."
- B.A.'s (2000) in psychology and sociology (focus on development, learning, families, and school impact) from Indiana University and currently pursuing M.S. in early childhood education
- Early childhood experience since 2001
- CVCCC staff member since 2005
- Other interests: baking, cooking, spending time with her husband, their two sons, and their dog and cats
"In my spare time, I love to cook and feel that food has the power to bring people together. We often have cooking and baking projects in our classroom as well. Making connections with children and families is the most rewarding part of working at Campus View."
- B.S.R. in Outdoor Recreation, Parks, and Human Ecology from Indiana University
- On staff at CVCCC since 2019
- Other interests: running a small farm, raising goats, rabbits, chickens, and organic vegetables
"I love to share my passion for nature with children and immensely enjoy bringing two together. In the classroom, I like to give kids the opportunity to work closely with homegrown foods, learn daily care of plants, or participate activities about plants and animals."
- B.A. (2008) in Computer Graphic Technology from Purdue University
- M.S.ED (2017) from Indiana University
- Early childhood education experience since 2008
- Other interests: drawing, felting, visiting parks around Bloomington, spending time with her husband, son, and cats
"After graduating from my undergraduate degree I had the opportunity to work in a local daycare and discovered that working with young children is my passion. Children are the most vibrant and inspiring people with whom I've had the privilege to work."
- B.A. (2001) in elementary education from Purdue University, as well as graduate courses at Indiana University and early childhood workshops, conferences, and classes
- Early childhood education experience since 2001
- CVCCC staff member since 2009
- Other interests: cooking, exploring the Bloomington community, hiking, sewing, traveling, spending time with her husband, their son, and their families
"I have always loved reading, and I share this passion daily with the children through various types of books, felt board stories, and finger-play rhymes. I am honored to work amongst a group of early childhood professionals who are caring, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and fully in support of Continuity of Care for infants and toddlers."
- Experience working with children of various ages through nature camps and in school settings as a substitute teacher and substitute teacher's aide.
- Possessing 3+ years’ experience in early childhood education working with toddlers and preschoolers, including early childhood education trainings with the United Way.
- Infant and toddler teacher at Campus View Child Care Center since 2018.
"One of my favorite things about working with young children is the open-endedness of their play. We consider the childrens’ interests when selecting items for our classroom and then come up with ideas for ways they might engage with materials. Then, they will completely surprise us with their ideas and creativity, which is fun to see. One passion I enjoy sharing with young children is my love of nature and learning about the environment and animals, which we explore through reading about animals and incorporating puppet play, and exploring the outdoors and nature while at school. I also enjoy teaching and practicing yoga, which is sometimes helpful and fun with a group of young children discovering mobility, movement, and their body's capabilities."
- B.A. in anthropology with a minor in comparative literature from Indiana University
- CVCCC staff member since 2011
"All my life I've been a very curious person. I am interested in how and why things work and how and why people work the way they do. This interest led me to pursue my degree in anthropology and I believe it has also led me to a career in early childhood education. I try to provide an environment that provokes inquisition and stimulates creativity in a fun and developmentally appropriate manner.
"Working at CVCCC is always an adventure! Each day provides the opportunity for new experiences and change, both in the classroom and out. The curriculum is driven by the children, which makes way for a constantly evolving culture to form within the classroom. No class is the same, no child is the same, and no teacher is the same. Each person provides a valuable and critical perspective on our program as a whole."
- B.S. in early childhood education with a minor in special education from Indiana University
- Experience in early childhood education with Head Start, First Steps, and various child care centers
- CVCCC staff member since 2012
- Other interests: spending time with her three children
"One of the best parts of working at CVCCC is the teamwork atmosphere."
- Bachelor of General Studies (2003) with a minor in family studies, sociology, and criminal justice (focus on early childhood development) and M.S. (2014) in early childhood education, both from Indiana University
- 20+ years experience in early childhood education
- CVCCC staff member since 2003
- Other interests: enjoying time with her husband, their two children, and their two dogs and cat