Early Childhood Education Services prides itself on its caring, qualified, and experienced staff. Our staff consists of nurturing individuals who have a passion for Early Childhood Education and serving young children and families. We work hard to ensure every child is comfortable, engaged, and learning to the best of their abilities.
Meet the Hoosier Courts Staff
Carol Spencer, Director
- B.S. from the State University of New York, College at Oswego and an M.S. from Syracuse University, both in early education.
Carol has been working in the field since 1978 and has been the director at Hoosier Courts since 1994. She enjoys hiking in the woods, playing guitar, singing, reading, and doing Tae Kwon Do. She is grateful for the support of her husband, teenage daughter, and dog.
Angie Bowen, Office Assistant
- B.A. in criminal justice from both Northern Illinois University and Indiana University.
Angie has been working at Hoosier Courts since 2007. She has over 25 years of experience in working with children and families as a former probation officer, a Department of Child Services caseworker, and a domestic violence counselor.
Joyce Oden, Co-Teacher
- M.S. in education, specializing in infant/toddler and parent education, from Bank Street College of Education in New York. Bachelor's degree from the University of Akron.
Joyce has worked at Hoosier Courts since 2015. She loves nature and spending time with her children and grandchildren. She also enjoys traveling and cooking.
Amy Lovins, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in elementary education from Indiana University.
Before coming to Hoosier courts in 2012, Amy taught preschool with Head Start and both preschool and early elementary at Bloomington Montessori. She enjoys spending time with her family, gardening, rock collecting, and reading.
Staci Walter, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in elementary education with a minor in special education from Indiana University.
Staci has been at Hoosier Courts since 1992. In her spare time, she enjoys spending time with her family, gardening, traveling, camping, and shopping.
Christina Younghans, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in early childhood education from Indiana University.
Christina has been at Hoosier Courts since 2006. She enjoys gardening, spending time with her husband, and playing with her dogs.