Early Childhood Education Services prides itself on its caring, qualified, and experienced staff. Our staff consists of nurturing individuals who have a passion for Early Childhood Education and serving young children and families. We work hard to ensure every child is comfortable, engaged, and learning to the best of their abilities.
Meet the Hoosier Courts Staff
Xinrui Song, Director
- M.S. in communications design and multimedia from Bielefeld University of Applied Sciences
- B.S. in graphic design from Tsinghua University
- A.S. in early childhood education from Ivy Tech Community College
- Hoosier Courts staff member since 2015
Other interests: art, nature, spending time with children, traveling and teaching art and the Chinese language
"I love spending time with children, doing art, learning different languages, traveling all around the world, and getting to know different people and cultures.
I believe that the holistic development of a child's social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs is what forms a solid foundation for lifelong learning and wellbeing."
Angie Bowen, Office Assistant
- B.A. in criminal justice from both Northern Illinois University and Indiana University
- 25+ years of experience working with children and families in criminal justice, child services, and counseling fields
- Hoosier Courts Nursery staff member since 2007
Paige Halliday, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in elementary education (in progress), Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education, Ivy Tech College, Bloomington, Indiana
- Early childhood education experience since 2014
- At Hoosier Courts since 2014
Other interests: baking, cooking, needle felting, drawing, watching TV and movies, and spending time with my fiancé and our cats.
"I believe that every child needs and deserves quality one-on-one care from the adult caregivers in their lives. Here at Hoosier Courts, we have the ability to give individual time to each child and to make children feel safe and unique. This quality of care is why I first fell in love with Hoosier Courts Nursery School."
Kennedi Johnson, Co-Teacher
- PhD candidate in Ethnomusicology PhD minor in American and African Diaspora Studies at Indiana University–Bloomington
- Bachelor of Music Education and Flute Performance from Mercer University
- MA in Folklore and Ethnomusicology, Indiana University–Bloomington
- Specializing in elementary music, has worked with children at organizations such as Girls, Inc, ArtMix Indy, and Boys and Girls Club
- Hoosier Courts Staff member since 2018
Other interests: likes to play flute with the Bloomington Symphony Orchestra, bake for friends, and garden.
"I have been working with children for the past five years. I began working as a teacher assistant at Hoosier Courts in the summer of 2018 and became the co-lead teacher in Room 3 in April 2022. I am currently a PhD candidate in Ethnomusicology at IU Bloomington. My background in K-12 music education and ethnomusicology allows me to develop student's musical growth through culturally relevant song, dance, and movement. I love taking care of my plants (always looking for more!), playing the flute and piano, and hanging out with my dog Roscoe and cat Pablo."
Amy Lovins, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in elementary education from Indiana University
- Experience in early childhood education with Head Start and Bloomington Montessori
- Hoosier Courts Nursery staff member since 2012
Other interests: spending time with her family, gardening, rock collecting, and reading
"I believe in fostering the classroom family. Together, we learn to care for ourselves, each other, our community, and our environment. With the help of our wonderful teaching team, we are able to provide a nurturing environment that supports the whole child"
Staci Walter, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in elementary education with a minor in special education from Indiana University
- Hoosier Courts Nursery staff member since 1992
Other interests: spending time with her family, gardening, traveling, camping, and shopping
Christina Younghans, Co-Teacher
- B.S. in early childhood education from Indiana University
- Hoosier Courts Nursery staff member since 2006
Other interests: baking, reading, spending time with my two children, discovering new art activities, and gardening.
"Hoosier Courts is a wonderful place that is made for children to guide their own learning. We are lucky enough to have our own playground available to us all day to use as another area to explore and learn from. Inside, children make choices about what activities line up with their interests."